potential interactions with HERBS in patients on digoxin
It's important to watch for potential interactions with HERBS in patients on digoxin.
Hawthorn leaf increases coronary blood flow...heart rate...and strengthens heart contractions.
It's commonly used for MILD heart failure and angina.
Table of Contents
- spironolactone (Aldactone) is beneficial for heart failure has been all over the press
- another new "glitazone" for type 2 diabetes, Actos (pioglitazone)
- Some commonly-used drugs can cause hair loss
- starting to prescribe ivermectin for scabies
- an alternative to Rowasa (mesalamine, 5-ASA) suppositories
- Marinol (dronabinol) from Schedule II to Schedule III
- first national guidelines for treating chronic stable angina
- new concerns about using Viagra (sildenafil) in patients taking HIV protease inhibitors
- Dietary supplements containing L-arginine are now being promoted for sexual dysfunction
- new health claims for some whole grain foods
- potential interactions with HERBS in patients on digoxin
- Norvir (ritonavir) 100 mg capsules are back
- just two doses of nevirapine (Viramune) can reduce the risk of transmitting HIV
- stop giving RotaShield, the new rotavirus vaccine for diarrhea
- reduce or eliminate thimerosal as a preservative in pediatric vaccines
- Medicare prescription drug benefit would mean significant changes for pharmacists
- Relenza (zanamivir), a new INHALED antiviral to reduce flu symptoms
- Summer CE Booklet