Rx volume is skyrocketing
Rx volume is skyrocketing...up 50% since 1992.
More new drugs...and more aging boomers will fuel the trend.
Pharmacists are already working as fast as they can...juggling dispensing and insurance hassles with patient care.
Table of Contents
- Rx volume is skyrocketing
- Zithromax for acne
- Kinerase, a new cosmetic cream for wrinkles
- Procarin, the experimental treatment for multiple sclerosis
- Evista (raloxifene) is now approved to TREAT osteoporosis
- Actonel (risedronate) for osteoporosis
- More diabetics on intensive therapy will use insulin pumps
- no longer be able to get BEEF insulin
- Arimidex (anastrozole) is at least as effective as tamoxifen for advanced breast cancer
- Ellence (el-LENCE, epirubicin)
- estrogen cream (Premarin) for recurrent nosebleeds
- IV Synercid
- treating depression caused by alpha-interferons
- dipyridamole (Persantine, etc) with aspirin to prevent stroke
- foods that contain soy to reduce the risk of heart disease
- Head lice are becoming resistant to permethrin (Nix)
- famotidine (Pepcid) for autism
- DHEA might be useful for depression
- taking their diarrhea vaccine, RotaShield, off the market