new anticoagulant called Arixtra
Organon is launching a new anticoagulant called Arixtra.
It's the first in a new class of antithrombotics.
Arixtra (fondaparinux sodium) selectively inhibits factor Xa to inhibit thrombin formation.
Table of Contents
- early, mild cases of rheumatoid arthritis should get more than just an NSAID
- More patients will be taking aspirin to prevent heart attacks
- whether statins cause memory problems
- deaths in smokers taking Zyban (bupropion)
- Some patients with irritable bowel syndrome are begging the FDA to allow Lotronex (alosetron) back on the market
- treat H. pylori before starting chronic NSAIDs
- using cholinesterase inhibitors for patients with VASCULAR dementia
- Sporanox (itraconazole) to PREVENT recurrent tinea versicolor
- Elidel, a new cream for eczema
- "sudden sleep attacks" in Parkinson's patients while driving
- Multiple sclerosis patients are hearing a lot about Prokarin
- monitoring patients on antipsychotics for obesity, diabetes, and dyslipidemia
- teens abusing Coricidin HBP Cough and Cold tablets
- Finally we have a NATIONAL poison hotline, 800-222-1222
- new anticoagulant called Arixtra
- which antibiotics are safe to use in patients on warfarin
- Can patients with recurrent kidney stones take calcium