two new ophthalmic quinolone antibiotics, Zymar and Vigamox
You'll start seeing prescriptions for two new ophthalmic quinolone antibiotics, Zymar and Vigamox.
Both are approved for bacterial conjunctivitis... "pinkeye."
Zymar is gatifloxacin...Vigamox is moxifloxacin.
Table of Contents
- Importing drugs from Canada is HUGE
- You're going to hear a lot more about "aspirin resistance"
- What do you do when you have a patient getting both an ACE inhibitor AND angiotensin receptor blocker?
- combining Viagra (sildenafil) with Cardura (doxazosin) and other alpha-blockers
- Femring, a new estrogen replacement product for postmenopausal women
- Flexium, a new dietary supplement for arthritis
- Risperdal (risperidone) might increase the risk of stroke in dementia patients
- Cozaar (losartan) for preventing stroke
- The FDA is further restricting the use of lindane for lice.
- Emend (EE-mend), a new antiemetic
- NSAIDs, folate, or vitamin B6 might reduce the risk of breast cancer
- Vitamin D supplements are now recommended for many infants and some children
- Which drugs are most likely to cause seizures?
- two new ophthalmic quinolone antibiotics, Zymar and Vigamox
- bisphosphonates causing eye problems
- Are some NSAIDs safer for patients with kidney disease?
- Patients are asking which masks protect against SARS