NEW class of pain relievers
There's a lot of interest in a NEW class of painrelievers...COX-2 specific inhibitors.
Searle's Celebra (celecoxib) will be first...with Merck'sVioxx close behind...and others following.
These will be BIG.
Table of Contents
- Mississippi pharmacists can get paid for pharmaceutical CARE
- New warnings are coming out for Propulsid (cisapride)
- two 10-day regimens for H. pylori
- Amoxil now comes in oral TABLETS
- Omnicef (cefdinir), a new oral cephalosporin for children and adults
- rifapentine (Priftin) for tuberculosis
- new 80 mg Zocor (simvastatin) tablet
- garlic doesn't reduce cholesterol
- another "triptan" for migraines...Maxalt (rizatriptan)
- Lovenox (enoxaparin) at HOME
- new findings are now coming to light regarding drug treatment for hypertension
- diuretics for the initial treatment of hypertension in the ELDERLY
- captopril (Capoten) reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke, and death in patients with hypertension
- Monistat 1, a new one-dose OTC product for vaginal yeast infections
- new OTC test for urinary infections
- Noni Juice, the "cure-all" made from tropical morinda fruit
- NEW class of pain relievers
- Thalidomide (Thalomid) is now approved for leprosy