Evista (raloxifene), the new "designer estrogen"
You're going to hear a lot about Evista (raloxifene), the new "designer estrogen" from Lilly. ...
Table of Contents
- Evista (raloxifene), the new "designer estrogen"
- Two new treatments for hair loss
- Significant interaction between Buspar (buspirone) and erythromycin or itraconazole
- Zomig (zolmitriptan for migraines
- Migranal, a new Nasal Spray for migraines
- Stadol (butorphanol) is finally a federally controlled substance (C-IV)
- Two new DRY POWDER inhalers will soon hit the market
- Mevacor (lovastatin) seems to reduce the risk of heart attack
- Baycol (cerivastatin) from Bayer
- Switch from one statin to another
- Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), the first Rx drug approved for aphthous ulcers or canker sores
- Potential liver toxicity in diabetics using Rezulin (troglitazone)
- Stop making Iletin I (beef/pork) insulin this year
- Monitor Long-Term blood sugar control at home
- Neumega (oprelvekin) to stimulate the production of platelets
- The first monoclonal antibody for cancer
- Plavix (clopidogrel) to prevent recurrent heart attacks or ischemic strokes
- Milk thistle to prevent liver toxicity
- Annual new drug chart for 1997