Migranal, a new Nasal Spray for migraines
Novartis is introducing Migranal, a new NASAL SPRAY for migraines.
Migranal contains dihydroergotamine (DHE).
Until now, DHE was available only for injection. The nasal spray is for patients to use at home...like sumatriptan.
Table of Contents
- Evista (raloxifene), the new "designer estrogen"
- Two new treatments for hair loss
- Significant interaction between Buspar (buspirone) and erythromycin or itraconazole
- Zomig (zolmitriptan for migraines
- Migranal, a new Nasal Spray for migraines
- Stadol (butorphanol) is finally a federally controlled substance (C-IV)
- Two new DRY POWDER inhalers will soon hit the market
- Mevacor (lovastatin) seems to reduce the risk of heart attack
- Baycol (cerivastatin) from Bayer
- Switch from one statin to another
- Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), the first Rx drug approved for aphthous ulcers or canker sores
- Potential liver toxicity in diabetics using Rezulin (troglitazone)
- Stop making Iletin I (beef/pork) insulin this year
- Monitor Long-Term blood sugar control at home
- Neumega (oprelvekin) to stimulate the production of platelets
- The first monoclonal antibody for cancer
- Plavix (clopidogrel) to prevent recurrent heart attacks or ischemic strokes
- Milk thistle to prevent liver toxicity
- Annual new drug chart for 1997