Lead contamination in calcium supplements
Lead contamination in calcium supplements is in the news again.
Some products still have detectable levels of lead...in spite of efforts to eliminate lead in calcium products.
Tell patients there's no need to be alarmed.
Table of Contents
- pharmacists as part of an "early warning system" to help identify problems with newly approved drugs
- Abreva, the first OTC product approved to speed HEALING of cold sores and fever blisters
- more patients taking ACE inhibitors
- new Fosamax (alendronate) tablets for ONCE-A-WEEK dosing
- treating osteoporosis in MEN
- Lead contamination in calcium supplements
- Glucophage XR, a new extended-release metformin tablet for once-a-day dosing
- Experts are now urging the FDA to ban the use of phenylpropanolamine (PPA) in OTC products
- Mercury thermometers will soon be a thing of the past
- It turns out there WILL be enough flu vaccine to go around this season
- Tamiflu is more effective if it's started earlier
- Trisenox, an injectable form of ARSENIC
- Qvar (CUE-var) beclomethasone inhaler for asthma
- inhaled steroids DON'T affect LONG-TERM growth in children
- community pharmacy residencies
- new injectable contraceptive called Lunelle
- Pepcid Complete, the first H2-blocker and antacid combo for heartburn.
- Quixin, a new levofloxacin eye drop for conjunctivitis.
- new ways to manage hypersexuality in dementia patients